The Sibley Difference
At the Sibley Center for Weight Loss Surgery, our goal is to provide safe, effective, and comprehensive treatment for patients suffering from morbid obesity. Our weight loss surgery center at Sibley is unique from most others. Here at Sibley we offer a multidisciplinary and personalized “one-stop shop” where patients can have nearly all of their pre- and post-operative care in a convenient and compassionate setting.
We realize the weight loss surgery process can be confusing, so we work closely with our patients to ensure safe and successful outcomes. We are here for you!!
So how are we different?
All of the resources you need are in one place. Our program is specially designed to give our patients the care they need from start to finish. Not only does make for a more efficient process, but it makes it safer, too.
We offer a dedicated clinical team of weight-loss specialists, including our bariatric surgeon, clinical coordinator/Nurse Practitioner, dietitian, exercise trainer, psychologists, and a patient navigator/scheduler. Meet the team here.
Our program emphasizes regular and long-term patient follow-up and includes nutritional monitoring and exercise training sessions both before and after surgery. We also encourage attendance in our free monthly support groups.
Successful weight loss and health maintenance is a life-long challenge, and we are committed to supporting our patients every step of the way. We offer real solutions. Whether you are considering if surgery is even an option, deciding between procedures, or wondering how to pay for surgery, our team of specialists is here to help you make the right decision.
When you choose Sibley, you choose a complete program including:
- The experience and patient care that only Sibley Memorial Hospital and Johns Hopkins Medicine can provide
- State of the art laparoscopic surgical suites
- A dedicated bariatric clinic with experienced bariatric surgeon, a full-time bariatric/clinical coordinator, a full-time scheduling coordinator / patient navigator, an experienced bariatric dietitian and a personal trainer
- Access to exercise facilities and customized exercise programs
- Psychological evaluation and counseling
- Insurance counseling to help verify your benefits
- Medical specialty consultation and treatment often available on-site
- Monthly support group meetings
- Laboratory and radiology facilities
- New Sleep Disorders Center